Rose Infused Balm
This month’s recipe is a silky smooth balm infused with delectable rose petals. This balm is magnificent to use on the lips, however you could also use it for the tougher parts of the body like your elbows, knees, and feet! I think this smells divine on its own—sweet as honey. If you’d like you can add 1-3 drops of your favorite essential oil like rose absolute!
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp grated beeswax
1 tsp almond oil
½ tsp finely ground rose petals
~½ distilled water
Hand held electric milk frother (whisk)
Cone coffee filter
- In a small bowl combine the finely ground rose petals and water. You want the petals to be completely saturated and to be slightly submerged in water, a little more than ½ tsp of water. Let this sit and infuse for 15-20 minutes.
- Fill the bottom part of you double boiler with a few inches of water, and turn the heat on to medium high. In the top part combine all oils and butters. Let this mixture melt down while the rose infuses.
- After the 15 minutes are up filter the rose petals out of the what is now a delicate rose tea. You can use a cone filter or anything of the like.
- Place the small bowl filled with rose tea in the hot water of the double boiler to heat it up to a similar temperature as the oil mixture. 1-3 minutes.
- For this next part you will have to move a little quickly since we are working in such small quantities and the beeswax will harden quickly.
- Have your electric whisk ready, fill your tin with the oil and as you add the ¼-½ tsp of rose tea to the oil use your whisk to combine. The whisk will be almost flat with the bottom of the container. This shouldn’t take too long to combine and create a creamy texture.
- Voila! Let cool and use at your leisure.