Everyone loves when their skin feels smooth and radiant. Exfoliating the skin is a healthy and simple way to recharge and nourish after a summer full of great outdoor adventures. Many natural ingredients can be used to scrub, hydrate and nourish your skin. Get crafty with these skin loving ingredients—most of them you may have in your kitchen or garden. Some of my favorites are sugar, salt, grains, coffee grinds, fruit peels and honey.
This year I was blessed with an abundance of cucumber and lemon balm in my garden. It has allowed me to push my creative boundaries with using all the fruitful abundance and in the process discovering this hydrating and relaxing sugar scrub. It’s so refreshing your senses and skin will love it!
Here’s what you will need:
1-1/1/2 cup Fine Sugar
½ large Cucumber
2-4 fresh Lemon Balm Leaves
½ of 1 Orange Peel
¼ of 1 Lemon Peel
¼-1/2 cup Almond Oil
1/8 cup Honey
10 drops – Spearmint
5 drops – Sweet Orange
*Several containers for putting the Sugar Scrub in. You will need enough for 16-24oz.
To Make Your Own: Sugar Scrub
- Take the cucumber, honey and lemon balm and puree together.
- Grind the Lemon Peel and Orange Peel together so that it is course but not powdered.
- Add your Spearmint and Sweet Orange essential oils to the almond oil
- In a big bowl mix in the sugar, puree mix and almond oil essential oil blend. You may want a little more sugar or oil depending on the consistency that you desire. If it’s to liquid add more sugar and if its to hard then add a bit more oil.
- Pour in your containers. Label, date and use! Share the extra with your friends.
- Keep in your Fridge for longest freshness.
To Use: Apply to your body evenly and rinse with warm water.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products; therefore, we take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in January 2019. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com