Our Immune Boosting Soup Blend is perfect for the cold season, and anytime to help ward off infections and viruses! Dropped into a pot of soup for a powerful immune boosting kick, our blend is another way to build up the immune system this season. Our Immune Boosting Soup Blend is packed with antimicrobial herbs like Sage and Thyme, antivirals like Reishi Mushroom, and anti-inflammatory plants like Turmeric and Cayenne. Astragalus Root is added as a defense against unwanted infection and illness. Grab a small muslin bag and drop it into your soup for a powerful immunity boost to your next meal!
Have you ever had the delicious and well-known Thai soup, Tom Kha? This recipe was inspired by the tangy and savory flavors of that traditional dish. This Immune Boosting Thai Coconut soup is one of my favorite soups to make all year round, but especially during cold and flu season. Just a simple reminder that food is medicine. What we put into our bodies is what we get out of them. Watch me live on KGW8 in January to learn how to make this soup!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 lb of Chicken or Tofu
- 10-15 Baby Carrots
- 2-3 Celery Sticks
- 1 pack of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2-5 Thai Basil Leaves
- 4-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- Ghee or Coconut Oil (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 16-32 oz THS Immune Boosting Broth-See recipe below!
To Make Your Own: THS Immune Boosting Broth
- Gather 2-3 Tablespoons of THS Immune Boosting Soup Blend. Place in a muslin bag.
- Add to 32 oz of water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes. Then let it simmer for approximately 20-45 min.
- Pull off burner and let cool. Then remove your muslin bag and use as needed for broth in recipes.
- Label and keep in the refrigerator.
To Make Your Own: THS Immune Boosting Thai Coconut Soup
- Chop up your Onions and Garlic and brown in a sauté pan with the ghee.
- Add Mushrooms until soft.
- In a stock pot, add THS Immune Boosting Broth and 1 can of coconut milk.
- Add Chicken and bring to a boil for about 15-20 min. Just until the chicken is cooked. You can go ahead and cut up your Chicken or Tofu before adding to the pot. For Tofu – Wait till the end and then add to the soup when it is about 2-5 minutes or until soft.
- Chop up Carrots and Celery, and add to the soup blend.
- Mix the Thai Basil Leaves with the Onion, Garlic and Mushrooms and place into the stock pot.
- Let simmer with the lid on for 20-30 min or until the veggies are soft, Let cool and enjoy.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products. We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in Feb 2020. In this 4 month, hands-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today! Early Bird Special $100 off till Jan 31st.
See all of Amanda Furbee's articles