One of the signs of summer is the buzz-buzz of the bees! Diligently, they make their sweet nectar that we know as honey. They work long hard days to collect pollen and bring it back to their queen. This gift to us from the bees is medicinal in many ways, and also an incredible sweet treat. Honey can be used as a sugar substitute for those who are sensitive to other sugars, and has been found to be helpful for some digestive concerns. In its raw form, honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties, making a great remedy for wound healing. All-in-all, honey is beneficial to have around, and we are watching a rapid decline of bees in our world. If you want to learn more about protecting our bees check out these organizations or find one that suits you best:
Many plants can be bitter and hard to take on their own. Infusing your herbs into honey can be better than a spoonful of sugar! It’s a very helpful way to mask the flavor for adults and children alike.
Watch me live on KGW8 with Cassidy Quinn on August 28th at 5pm, for a live clip from The Herb Shoppe for this month’s product making tip!
See below to Make Your Own Herbal Infused Honey!
Here’s what you will need:
To Make Your Own: Herbal Infused Honey
To Infuse the herbs with your honey:
- Take 2 pots and create a double boiler. (Place water in bottom pan and bring to a boil, place other pot on top to create the double boiler)
- Turn heat down to a simmer and in top pot add honey and fresh or dried plant material.
- Stir until all the plant material is covered in honey. Each plant and honey proportions will vary.
- Place a lid on the top pot and on low heat let the herb infuse into the honey for about 2 hours.
- Pull the top pot off the second one and strain the plant material from the honey.
- Pour into containers and label. Let it cool before closing up.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in August 2019. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
Or you can purchase one of our THS Herbal Infused Honey blends ready to go!
To set up an herbal consultation with me email: email@example.com