It’s time to get that grill fired up, it’s Salmon season! Salmon floods the rivers here in the PNW with abundance. I think it’s a great asset to know what is abundant in your region and harness its freshness when it is in season.
The delicious sweetness of Salmon makes it one of my favorite fish to enjoy this time of year. You can pair it with so many dishes. Make it savory or sweet. In this recipe, I will be pairing Salmon with our Balancing Chaste Berry Spice Blend for a delicious savory lettuce wrap. Here at The Herb Shoppe, we are celebrating feminine souls. Our Balancing Chaste Berry Spice Blend was crafted to bring balance when you need it most.
Chaste Berries shine in this tangy and peppery all-purpose culinary blend designed to bring a sense of balance when you need it most. Chaste Berries have been widely used to help support hormones and reduce common symptoms associated with hormone imbalance. Combined with mineral-rich Nettle Leaf, zesty Pink Peppercorns and Lemongrass, this blend adds a ton of flavor without any salt! Ginger adds an added benefit of settling the stomach, and floral Basil rounds out the blend.
All of these recipes have been created as healthy alternatives to add to your favorite dish list. Just a simple reminder that food is medicine. What we put into our bodies is what we get out of them.
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 (4 ounce) fresh salmon (de-boned)
- 10 leaves of butter lettuce
- Cooking oil of choice-olive, coconut, etc.
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
For the Marinade:
- 2 Tablespoons of Balancing Chaste Berry Blend
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 lemon
To Make Your Own: Grilled Salmon Wraps
Making Your Marinade:
- Crush the garlic and mix together with the honey, Balancing Chaste Berry Blend and coconut aminos.
- Add marinade a container with the salmon, and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Grilling the Salmon:
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill
- Place marinated salmon on the grill for 5-7 minutes each side. I like to add a little of the marinade to each side as it’s grilling.
- Let cool and remove the skin from the salmon.
Preparing the Lettuce Wraps:
- Wash all your veggies.
- Separate the butter lettuce leaves.
- Slice up your carrot and green onion.
- Shred up your Salmon, squeeze a little lemon on the salmon.
- Add the salmon and veggies to the butter lettuce.
We understand that not everyone likes to make their own products. We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. If you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, beginning in August 2020. In this 4-month, hands-on program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: firstname.lastname@example.org