Sometimes I forget just how good for you sweet potatoes are, they taste like such a treat! The nice thing about sweet potatoes is that you can have the luxury of making them savory or into a sweet dessert. The further we dive into understanding what foods can cause inflammation in the body, knowing that not all potatoes and tubers are created equally is a great little golden nugget.
Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins, minerals and healthy fiber. This can help to promote good gut health and a better functioning body, overall. In this yummy hash blend, we are going to combine sweet potatoes with our Chicory Cacao Rub.
Give your dish a kick!
Spice up your meal with a little kick from this smoky Chicory and Cacao infused blackening seasoning. Grill or pan or sprinkled on popcorn, it gives whatever you grab a little kick!
This blend is a great play on a classic blackening seasoning with some added depth from our plant friends Chicory and Cacao. It’s smoky and bright, bursting with flavor from chiles, garlic and thyme, and a little added sweetness from powdered Anise, no added sugar! This seasoning is a perfect dry marinade for the grill or pan and works well on all lots of things like tempeh, tofu, buttered corn and veggies, steak, chicken, etc. It’s also tasty off the grill, swirled into a mayo for your burger, or to spice up some creamy pasta.
All of these recipes have been created as healthy alternatives to add to your favorite dish list. Just a simple reminder that food is medicine. What we put into our bodies is what we get out of them. For more details about the full anti-inflammatory diet, download here.
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced (Cremini, Chanterelles, baby Portabella, etc.)
- 1/2 to 1 red onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil
- 2-3 green onions
- organic eggs (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons THS’s Chicory Cacao Rub
To Make Your Own: Chicory Cacao Sweet Potato Hash
- Heat a big skillet with the coconut oil/ghee until it is a medium heat. Add sliced onions, garlic and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until they are soft, then turn down the heat to a low heat.
- While these are cooking, cube up your sweet potatoes. Coat them with a little bit of oil of choice then add the Chicory Cacao Rub to the potatoes. Mix them well so each cube has some spice on them.
- Let them sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion and garlic blend and turn the heat back up to medium heat. Let cook for a few more minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes to the skillet and let cook on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes. Then add the lid and lid cook on low heat until soft. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are nice and soft you can sprinkle a few green onions on top or add a poached or fried egg to the top.
We understand that not everyone likes to make their own products. We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. If you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products, get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, beginning in August 2020. In this 4-month, hands-on program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
To set up an herbal consultation with me, email: email@example.com