Chaga Gingerbread Cookies
These moist and soft cookies will melt in your mouth. Made with Gluten Free flour and coconut sugar these cookies are sure to please. Filled with deliciously warming plants like ginger, clove and cinnamon. For an extra kick these chocolate dipped fantasies are spiked with our ever-loved chaga mushroom. Chaga is known as an immune modulator. A modulator will act to balance and strengthen the immune system and improve the function of your immune cells. With a stronger immune system we can keep our bodies healthy this winter season and enjoy a sweet treat!
- 2 and ¼ cups gluten free flour mix
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp chaga mushroom powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup crystallized ginger chips (optional)
- 1/2 chocolate of choice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Whisk together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add molasses and egg, mix until combined.
- Pour in dry ingredients, mix well.
- Stir in ginger chips, if using.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls
- Place on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minute, remove from oven while still soft. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate of choice with coconut oil
- Dip each cooled cookie.
- Makes about 16 cookies.