Another delicious way to boost your immune system is with natural and tasty herbal candies. You can swap out the herbs to make any herbal candy. This is a great project to do in advance and have on hand for when you or your little ones are feeling under the weather during the school season.
Here’s what you will need:
-4 cups of Berry Boost Kid’s Tea Blend
-4 cups of water
-1/2 cup Honey
-1/4 tsp Cream of tartar (per cup of tea)
-Jelly roll pan or candy molds
To Make Your Own: Herbal Immune Boosting Candies
- Boil the Berry Boost Kid’s Tea Blend in water. Then simmer it for 8-10 minutes. Put off the heat and then place a lid on it. Strain after 1 hour.
- Now take a large pot and pour this infusion in it. Combine 1 and ½ cup of honey and ¼ tsp of cream of tartar for each cup of tea.
- Boil this mixture till it reaches 300 degrees. Check the temperature with candy thermometer.
- Take your parchment lined roll pan or candy molds and pour the mixture in any of these three.
- Stir and pour the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Place it in the freezer and when it’s ready sprinkle cinnamon and ginger powder blend to coat the outer layer. Use within six months.
To Use: Take when feeling under the weather.
Learning to make your own herbal products is a fun evolution to bringing balance to your life. On your person and in your home. We understand that not everyone likes to make his or her own products. Check out a short clip on how to make these delicious Herbal Immune Boosting Candies on August 16th on Portland Today and KGW8.
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in August 2018. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today!
See all of Amanda Furbee's articles