Beards and facial hair are the hottest trends with folks these days. Here in the Pacific Northwest fancy beard clubs are being formed all over to see who has the wildest facial hair in the west. If you are looking for your next style check out the top 10 most popular beards check out this great article https://hone.style/beard-styles/.
According to Hone Style, in 2019 the most popular facial hair is the Balbo. Finding the best fit for your personality and taking care of it is always part of having expressionistic facial hair. Whatever your style may be we have you covered with this simple and easy hair wax blend. As with all aspects of our life we are being more aware of what we are putting on our bodies and hair, however that does not have to hinder the fun of bringing your personality to your facial hair.
Watch me live on KGW8 on June 26th at 5pm, for a live clip from The Herb Shoppe for this month’s product making tip!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 oz beeswax
- 2 oz coconut butter
- 3 oz almond oil
- Doug Fir Essential Oil (20-30 drops)
- Vetiver Essential Oil (5-10 drops)
- Bergamot Essential Oil (10-20 drops)
- Containers for storing (approx. 6oz worth)
To Make Your Own: Beard and Hair Wax
- Make a double boiler with 2 pots stacked on top of each other. Add water to the bottom and bring to a boil.
- Add beeswax and coconut butter to the top pot and let melt. Add the Almond oil to the blend. Mix until all ingredients are on unit.
- Set to the side and let cool until around 90 degrees. Use a candy thermometer to best see this temperature.
- Mix all your essential oils to preferred scent in a separate mixing bowl. Once the temperate of wax and oil blend reaches 90 degrees add the essential oil to the blend.
- Pour into desired containers.
- Label and use away!
We take great pleasure in creating products and recipes for you. However, if you are interested in going more in depth to make all your own herbal products get signed up for THS Make Your Own: Herbal Product Series, Beginning in August 2019. In this 4 month, hand-on, program we will dive into making an assortment of products for your hair, skin, body and home. Space is limited. Secure your spot today! Early Bird Special $100 off till Aug 1st.
See all of Amanda Furbee's articles