Water retention is something that most of us will experience at some point in time in our lives. Whether it is from poor diet, lymphatic system not being able to filter properly, monthly reproductive cycles or infection having excess of water in the body can be painful and put unnecessary pressure on other part of the body. Here is a simple formula that you can use as an herbal bath, foot soak or tea blend to help reduce water retention in your body.
- Parsley Leaf-2oz
- Dandelion Leaf-2oz
- Nettle Leaf-1oz
- Epsom Salt (not for tea blend)-3oz
- Lemon Juice-1 whole lemon
To Make Herbal Bath or Foot Soak:
- Mix all bulk herbs together. Use 2oz of herbal blend per bath or foot soak.
- Make a strong herbal infusion on the stove top. Use 2oz of herbal blend to 64oz of water. Boil for a few minutes. Then let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain all herbs and add strong infusion to bath tub or foot tub.
- Add Epsom salt and lemon to tub.
- Relax until cool.
- Repeat as often as needed.
- Save a cup full and sip on this tea infusion while you soak!
See all of Amanda Furbee's articles